Tuesday 10 June 2008

Masterclass approaching

I haven't mentioned this on the blog for a while but this year I am to learn how to shear an alpaca.

I have purchased my shearing equipment including combs and cutters. I am waiting for my masterclass.

The day after tomorrow you would think was Thursday, today being Tuesday.

However, the day after tomorrow is not Thursday, no, it is the day I become an alpaca shearer...............the day after tomorrow is....................... Shearday.

I will make the pilgrimage over to the temple of Inca where the great shearing Sensei resides.

I will take him precious gifts gathered from around the world and I will pray with him whilst we bless my newly purchased shearing equipment. I expect that we will drink green tea together. I might be asked to paint a fence.

He will, no doubt, impart great words of wisdom to me. The air will be thick, all else will be nought as our minds focus on the great art of alpaca shearing, all other worldly noises and distractions will be cast aside as the preparations begin.

I suspect that the equipment itself might be annointed with some holy oil, I feel that I may have.................................................................................

No, sorry, I have had to stop as I was getting far too carried away.

The thing is on Shearday.............I mean Thursday I will be learning to shear and I can't wait to see if my stomach is going to get in the way as much as I think it might do.

No comments: