Wednesday 17 September 2008

Happy days

Today is the first of a four day stretch away from the day job.

Today, tomorrow and Friday are my rostered days off and Saturday is an extra day so that Sue and I can take Angus and his best friend George for their first trip to Twickenham.

We are going up to see the Help for Heroes rugby match between an England XV and a rest of the world XV. There are plenty of international stars playing and it is all for a very worthy cause, supporting the brave men and women of our armed forces who fight in places like Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm looking forward to it, it should be a good day.

Between now and then however, I have chores to do. I will be reacquainting myself with my strimmer and my poo sucker. There is a lot of work to do out there. The grass needs mowing again so hopefully the rain will hold off for a bit longer.

Lily has had her first two 8ml doses of Nuflor. She is on a 5 week course with a dose every 4 days. Hopefully it will stop the abscess growing any bigger and maybe even get it going the other way. I want it to go away, far away, Lily doesn't deserve it. It's not fair.
Hopefully, if I'm lucky I might be able to watch a bit of the Ryder cup which starts on Friday (are you reading this Sue?).

Other than that I will be sitting amongst the herd. Sue and I just love to wander out quietly and sit with them. They all come in close and munch away, some lie down, some sniff, some nuzzle, it's great. If you have alpacas you will be familiar with the experience. If you don't have alpacas, you seriously need to get some, you are missing out on something special in so many ways.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gHave a really lovely time on Saturday- you deserve it after last week- but all who saw your lovely "girls" really appreciated the effort that you made and as a alpaca owner know the pleasure that you bought to so many people who are not as fortunate as us. Janet Stamp

Patou Alpacas said...

Thanks Janet, we were surrounded by smiling people all day!

Lucy said...

ok, what's your secret - our pacas have a definite flight zone, so no nuzzling or affection for us. Maybe we smell? How do you do it? Fill your pockets with Camelibra?

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

Is Nuflor ok to use on pregnant females? I think we may have the beginnings of a absess - grrrrrHHHHHHHHHH.
Debbie

PS love the photo