Tuesday 15 July 2008

Holiday time is nearly here!

Very excited today folks, very excited. I have to travel the loathesome route to work this afternoon but then that is it for 3 weeks.

Yes, for three glorious weeks I can forget what I do to pay the bills and concentrate on being a full time Dad, husband and Alpaca farmer.

We are not going away anywhere just staying at home and getting on with things, enjoying each others company and hopefully welcoming some lovely little new alpacas into the world.

We also hope to enjoy some quality barbecue time with a few friends where we can talk gibberish after enjoying a glass or two of something nice.

Weather permitting shearing will get underway this week and they will all be done by the time I return to work.

If they are not all done, (barring heavily pregnant girls) I will request a small group of sturdy legged and large footed men to drag me outside to a sheltered location behind the field shelter. Once we are there and we are all ready I will request that they administer a severe shoeing to my posterior.

My last blog seemed to provoke some debate and reaction. I praised, and rightly so in my opinion, the many virtues of Lillyfield Jack of Spades of Inca.

A certain Mr Nonny Mouse was unable, unwilling or just too rude to identify himself (or herself for that matter) when he left a rather derogatory comment on the blog about the mighty Jack (Oh yes, I am on first name terms with the big'un, we are chums).

I have resisted the suggestion to restrict comments on the blog until they have been vetted. I welcome comments, as I have said before I get rather too excited when I see someone has taken the trouble to read and comment on my drivel.

Everyone has an opinion and I welcome that. I would of course rather they identified themselves but there we go, some people would rather hide behind the wall of anonymity, that's their problem not mine.

In the meantime good day to you all, I hope the sun is shining where you are and the hums are happy ones.

1 comment:

Gerry said...

Ach well Mark good to see you have some faith in human nature! Hope you enjoy your time off and all your crias are safe arrivals. We had a lovely girl born today to our Amparo Chocolate Gold and the lad Centurion (of whom I think you know a thing or two!) Cheers - Gerry, Coire Alpacas