Tuesday 28 October 2008

Columbus has landed!

The blog has been a bit quiet down here for a few days but I have been busy.
The mighty Patou herd has increased by one this week as we have purchased our first stud male.

Cambridge Columbus, a cracking looking light brown male, is joining us today and I am to say the least a little excited.
I have had my eye on him for a while and when the opportunity arose to buy him that was that.


Black was the new white, well brown is the new black, don't you know!

He is hopefully the first stud of several herdsires to join the herd of the next few years. Watch this space!

Other news, Lily has completed her course of antibiotics and the wound looks very clean, everything seems to be going according to plan which is great.



She spends her entire time eating which shows everything is working alright and she is holding her condition well.

The sun is shining and the world is a great place!

6 comments:

Amiryck said...

Congratulations!

I had seen him as well and thought he was very nice. What exciting news for you.

Karen

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Cambridge Columbus looks very nice indeed, so brown is the new black and black is the new white !!!!

I totally understand !!....where you're coming from.....I have a multi-coloured herd......I'll just stop there !!...it makes life easier.....But I've heard a rumour that Rose Grey is highly desirable and the one to have !!....no prizes for guessing what colour I have this year.

Nice to see Lily is doing well and has a good appetite !...always a good sign.....Jayne

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

What happened to being a pauper!! He looks lovely, congratulations.

Debbie

Lucy said...

What a stunner! Well done. It's a lovely feeling having your own studs. One leads to two, leads to three..... BE WARNED!!!!!! Enjoy!

Gerry said...

Well done Mark, Sue and Angus. Columbus looks like a great discovery!! And like the others I saw him and thought he looked the biz. You've done well for yourselves there.

Patou Alpacas said...

Thank you for your kind comments people.
He certainly does look the business!