Friday 18 November 2011

The world is turning brown!

Yes, just in case anyone had forgotten I thought I would reiterate that I believe the future is bright and the future is brown. Not bright brown but rich, glorious,earthy, gorgeous brown. Hang on a minute what's this? Two blog postings in a week, the same week! I know, I know, what can I say, chores done and a couple of hours to go before I have to dress up and go to work so there was nothing else for it than to scoot out with the dogs and the camera into the deepest recesses of Patouland.

For your delectation a selection of Patou 'brownies' to peruse.
Firstly, probably the most important 'brownie' in the herd. The Mighty Qjori, who now aged 3 and a half, is really a very solidly built boy. He has changed so much since he arrived from Oz and I think he looks pretty darn marvellous. The anticipation for next years cria is something that you can touch here in Patouland. In fact the anticipation is so real we have had to put it in a box and stack it on top of the huge box of excitement. I just can't wait to see what the Big 'Un can produce. We have 14 girls carrying little Qjori cria so no pressure then!


Next up is the young pretender, Roger Resilient, who's development we are keeping a very close eye on. At 18 months old he is looking pretty good and his fleece is coming on very nicely. He obviously has some growing to do and we are interested to see what he can do in the ring next year. Him and Rafiki follow Qjori around quite a bit, I think there is a bit of hero worship going on.


And now for some girls, Patou Rosa was our first Columbus cria and will give birth next summer to the first Columbus/Qjori cria. Rosa herself is the spitting image of Clump, an eagerly awaited birth!


And for the future here is Spirit another Clump cria who is completely adorable. Always keen to rub noses and a complete favourite in Sue's books I don't think Spirit will be going anywhere. In the background are our two Collabear girls, Joy and Victoria.


Joy and Victoria are pictured here with Priscilla, all three have a degree of white fibre on them. All pregnant to Qjori it will be interesting to see what we get.


Now on to our most successful brown female to date, Millie. Daughter of Lily she is, in my book the closest we have to my perfect female alpaca. I just think she is utterly gorgeous and her Qjori cria next year is probably the one that I am most excited about.


So there we have it for today, some of our brownies, hang on what's this? A picture of a non brown alpaca?
A black alpaca? It appears to be a picture of my favourite alpaca in the whole wide world, Lily!
I wonder how that got there.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Qjori has changed hasn't he...apart from looking fantastic...he looks settled and more sure of himself.

We have 14 of ours pregnant to St. Pat next year too!

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Two posts in a week - you spoil us! What is the period of 'spread' of your expected births next year? Lovely pics again.

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

The browns are looking very beautiful in their Autumnal glory ......its lovely to see your babies maturing....and great to see Lily looking so fine !.....Jayne

Rosemary said...

Lily looks very good - and so does that fencing behind her - rather a nice bit of fencing round the sticky out trip over wire too (very into fencing at the moment!).